Monday, April 7, 2014

Transparency Project

Drawing a transparent thing is hard to do, so a big project only focusing on that is a bit scary. I wasn't too worried though, since I had practiced so much with drawing transparent items. I chose to draw out a close up of crystals in chalk pastels, which is my favorite medium since they are my favorite to use, even though they can be difficult, I felt like pastels would show a lot of high lights in my crystals and give them beautiful bright colors... this all sort of came through. Pastels are difficult when it comes to really fine lines, which sort of shows in my final piece. Even though it is not my best work when it comes to pastels, because it faded so much over the course of working on it, I am glad I did it anyways, this was such good practice using pastels!

No comments:

Post a Comment