Friday, June 6, 2014

Scratch Board Project

The Scratch Board Project was very different and challenging. Given a black sheet of scratch board and a carving tool we all had to scratch off the black to reveal a silver layer, it was almost like drawing with a white pencil on black paper. It was challenging because most everyone, including me, was used to drawing in shadows... not highlights; it was a bit difficult to get the hang of. While doing the scratch board we had to show movement in our drawings. Once I got started it was very fun.

This project introduced scratch board drawing to me, I learned all the techniques and skills through this project. There was really nothing familiar to me in this project.

I love drawing dragons, they have to much detail and movement when drawing them. This project was all about showing movement so I figured a dragon would be a great choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment