Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Contour Room Drawing

Contour drawings are a must for drawing class, it helps improve your drawing skills all around and helps you practice a whole new technique. They are very hard to do, for me that is. I really struggle with keeping my pen down on the paper and not sketch the drawing, if you do sketch a contour drawing it shows. I used a gel black pen to create this drawing, it allowed me to flow through it easily. To add value and movement I used the pen and added lines and zig-zags in shadowed areas. This drawing showed how much I improved with contour line drawings if you look at my previous attempts. I still struggled with my sketching habit but I ended up making a pretty quality drawing. My goal is to master contour line drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment