Monday, January 13, 2014

Layers Project: Tainted Roses



This is a 3D piece of bloody roses, resembling tainted beauty; usually something beautiful has a dark side. This was my first idea for this project and it won me over right away, because I love the idea of something beautiful with some dark feel behind it. The median I chose for this project was five different colored tissue paper folded and glued onto drawing paper in the shape of five bloomed roses, after it was all glued I splattered the paper with red water color and acrylic paint to make it look like blood splatters/drops on the roses. This piece fits into the layers project because I used a LOT of layers of tissue paper when I was making the roses. This piece was a challenge to make because I have never been too good at roses, whether it be drawing them, sculpting them, even planting them haha; also, I have never used tissue paper in an art project. But I proved to myself that I can make pretty great roses using tissue paper with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment