Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Text as an Element: Pretty Woman

 
 I thought of texts that had anything to do with culture and adjectives; such as ugly, practices, religion, and beauty. I chose beauty because the idea of beauty is different all over the world in many different cultures. In Asia an idea of beauty is older women, with large strecthed ears, and with their necks stretched. This idea of beauty is very different from the idea we are used to. So I drew a picture of an older Asian woamn with a strecthed neck and stretched ears, and I wrote beauty over and over in the back ground. I chose to use colored pencil and marker, so I could make the art piece colorful and vibrant but also incorporate values. I think I took a risk because I have never drawn an older person before, it was something new for me.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment